Welcome

Welcome to ReinisB Photography,
You will find the latest photo shoots & event reports below. Click on the sections above to view my portfolio!

30 Sept 2019

VANILLA BLACK CARS AND COFFEE

VANILLA BLACK CARS AND COFFEE

END OF THE SEASON

Text and Photos: Reinis Babrovskis

 

Today marks the end of the summer and sadly with it the end of the 2019 car show season. What better way to end it than a flashback of the Vanilla Black Cars and Coffee event that took place a few weekends ago. The Down Royal Cars and Coffee events are by far the best car related events on this shore and no car show will ever trump it if you ask me - no urgency to arrive in time, no prizes to worry about, no entry fee, and endless amount of top quality cars to see and owners to talk to. WIN!



If I should summarise the event in one picture, I think the one above would just about cover it. There are cars from all eras and styles: modern and classic sports hatchbacks, supercars, classic cars, historic cars, race cars, American cars, German cars; there's just everything...And it's different every single time.


Furthermore, it is a place where one meets their old friends, makes new ones, make memories. Cars and Coffee really are the events for me, I think I have made it obvious enough.


The Down Royal Racecourse Cars and Coffee event has always reminded me of a mini Goodwood Festival. It really features a superb variety of machinery and has that amazing friendly vibe to it. It is an event where one really wouldn't arrive in a tracksuit in a dirty car because you just wouldn't. Don't ask my why, but you wouldn't and people don't. It is a gentlemen's event if you ask me. And despite being open to all you don't get the Boras or typical slammed showcars, it just isn't that sort of event and I feel people know it and respect it.

#FIRSTTHINGSFIRST



The Cars and Coffee event relies on two successful things - cars and coffee. Both of them are certainly there, so I dare you to name a better duo.

#WEATHER



Clearly one thing that can ruin the whole event is the weather, this is where the indoor car shows have the upper hand. The day started off outstanding and by the end of it, in the typical UK fashion the rain told us to bugger off - you had your fun, now feck off!


#BIKESANDCOFFEE



It also was really great to see more and more bikers attending these events, for the petrolhead community is one big family, we welcome everybody. Bikes, cars, quads, trikes, lorries, pick ups - we all love the same thing - engines, smell of petrol and rubber; the more the merrier.


There it was - my dream bike. I am nor a biker, nor a bike expert, but since the first day I lay my eyes on this CCM Spitfire at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, I was in love. I don't care about the MV Agusta, or the Ducati or any other bonkers street bike - I want this. This is by far the most beautiful bike ever designed and one day there will be one in my garage.



#SUPERCARS



In the typical fashion the Down Royal Cars and Coffee event was not short of supercars. There was something for everybody - be it the prancing horse or the expensive "beetle". For me a presence of a 911 alone will make me feel like 12 again; there's just something magical about them. It is my ultimate lottery car - a combination of luxurious and glamorous design, sportscar soul and a naughty character.


#CLASSICS


If supercars aren't your thing, don't worry - there were plenty of classics on the day as well - and I don't mean 1990 Honda Civics (not that I have anything against them). If I need to name one that really stood out for me then it has to be this magnificent Jaaaaaaag rolling on BBS alloy wheels. It just isn't your typical Jaaaaag. I loved it.


#HISTORICS




It's all fun and games for us modern car owners - jump in, start the car, turn on the heated seats and away we go. For the historic/classic car owners, it is something of a different story. We must all remember and respect the fact these cars can and do break, so seeing them being taken out for runs so other people can see them is truly amazing.


 #CRAZYBUILDS



Amongst all the "normal" cars, there are also some bonkers builds. Like this Caterham styled monster (pic bellow) that was rocking an F20C Honda S2000 engine. Oh baby!




#STARTHEMYOUNG


If you're like me and have a JR at home, don't let this put you off from coming to the events. They are super family friendly and is a great way to start the day. NOTE: there are no airrides to be seen at these kinds of events, so you can be assured your kids won't be influenced, and won't grow up wearing lanyards, vaping and wanting a Golf R on bags!


#ENDOFSEASON



Sadly that marked the end of this year's Cars and Coffee events and I must say I genuinely cannot wait for the return next year, for these are the Sunday's that all men want. Thank you to all that work hard in the background to make these events happen and all folks that donate the money towards their chosen charity - Air Ambulance NI.



BONUS IMAGES:


No comments:

Post a Comment